There are 42 new COVID-19 cases in Saskatchewan on July 23, as well as a death.
Manitoba has reported a single new case in the Interlake-Eastern health region.
The Saskatchewan cases include 23 in the south region, 11 in central, three each in north and far north, and two in Saskatoon.
Of the daily total, 17 are in Hutterite colonies in the southwest and west central, where cases had previously been found.
The government said 15 Hutterite communities have active cases.
The person who has died was from the north and between 60 and 69 years old.
There are currently 13 people in hospital, including four in intensive care. Three of those are in Saskatoon and one is in the south.
The numbers come after the highest one-day testing total in the province at 1,468.
Premier Scott Moe said July 22 that travel restrictions might have to be implemented.
“The Government of Saskatchewan continues to work with the leaders of all communities where a significant number of cases exist to enact further restrictions on all non-essential travel into and out of their communities,” said the daily news release.
Sadly, today we are reporting another #COVID19SK-related death.
Our sincere condolences to the family and friends of this individual. pic.twitter.com/y7I19jqMKu
— Scott Moe (@PremierScottMoe) July 23, 2020
“This includes travel between Hutterite communities.”
Essential travel in those communities will be limited to a small number of designated people.
In Manitoba, the government announced it would defer some reopening plans that were to come into effect July 25. There won’t be any changes to indoor and outdoor gathering sizes, self-isolation requirements for travelers from Eastern Canada or walk-up counter service in bars.