The Western Grains Research Foundation has added four more organizations to its membership.
At its annual general meeting held March 5 in Winnipeg, the WGRF expanded its membership to include the Alberta Barley Commission, the Manitoba Wheat and Barley Association, the Saskatchewan Wheat Commission and the Saskatchewan Barley Commission.
Dave Sefton, a farmer from Broadview, Sask., was re-elected as WGRF chair, and Keith Degenhardt of Hughenden, Alta., was re-elected vice-chair.
In addition to Sefton and Degenhardt, the foundation’s 2014 board of directors includes:
- Bill Gehl of Regina, Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission
- Bob Anderson of Dugald, Man., Prairie Oat Growers Association
- D’Arcy Hilgartner of Camrose, Western Pulse Growers Association
- Don Dewar of Dauphin, Man., Keystone Agricultural Producers
- Doyle Wiebe of Langham, Sask., Canadian Canola Growers Association
- Garth Butcher of Birtle, Man., Western Winter Cereal Producers
- Gerrid Gust of Davidson, Sask., Western Canadian Wheat Growers Association
- Jason Skotheim of Spruce Home, Sask., Saskatchewan Barley Development Commission
- Joe Rennick of Milestone, Sask., Canadian Seed Growers Association
- Kevin Auch of Carmangay, Alta, Alberta Wheat Commission
- Martin Moore of Fort St. John, B.C., British Columbia Grain Producers Association
- Mel Stickland of Red Deer, Western Barley Growers Association
- Ray Askin of Portage la Prairie, Man., Manitoba Wheat and Barley Growers Association
- Stewart Wells of Swift Current, Sask., National Farmers Union
- Todd Lewis of Regina, Agricultural Producers Association of Sask-atchewan
- A member to be determined from the Alberta Barley Commission.