WINNIPEG, Manitoba, Dec 6 (Reuters) – ICE canola futures rose on Friday after a Canadian government report showed the harvest fell well short of expectations after a wet autumn.
* Statistics Canada pegged the Canadian canola harvest at 18.6 million tonnes, 1 million tonnes short of the average trade expectation.
* A weaker Canadian dollar and strong soyoil prices added to canola‘s strength, a trader said.
* January canola gained $3.90 to $458.40 per tonne in heavy volume.
* January-March canola spread traded 14,104 times, accounting for much of the day’s trading.
* The Canadian dollar weakened against its U.S. counterpart after data showing a surprise slump in domestic jobs raised expectations for a Bank of Canada interest rate cut over the coming months.
* U.S. soy futures rose for a fourth consecutive session as China said it would waive import tariffs for some American farm products, renewing optimism for a possible trade agreement between Washington and Beijing.
* Euronext February rapeseed futures and Malaysian February palm oil futures gained.
Light crude oil nearby futures in New York was up $2.03 at US$59.12 per barrel.
In the afternoon, the Canadian dollar was down .46 cents at US75.44. The U.S. dollar was C$1.3255, up 77 cents from the previous day.
|Name / Contract||High||Low||Last||Change||Settlement|
|Canola Jan 2020||461.10||454.30||458.10||3.60||458.10|
|Canola Mar 2020||469.70||463.30||466.80||3.50||466.80|
|Canola May 2020||477.60||473.30||474.40||3.00||474.40|
|Canola Jul 2020||483.60||479.40||480.10||2.60||480.10|
|Canola Nov 2020||484.80||481.40||482.80||3.50||482.80|
|Soybean Jan 2020||894.00||884.50||889.50||5.25||890.75|
|Soybean Mar 2020||908.50||899.00||903.75||5.00||904.75|
|Soybean May 2020||922.75||913.75||918.25||4.75||919.00|
|Soybean Jul 2020||935.50||926.75||931.50||4.75||932.00|
|Soybean Aug 2020||939.25||931.00||935.75||5.00||935.75|
|Soybean Sep 2020||936.75||929.50||934.00||4.75||933.75|
|Soybean Meal Dec 2019||301.30||296.80||297.40||-2.10||298.20|
|Soybean Meal Jan 2020||303.90||298.50||299.30||-2.20||299.50|
|Soybean Meal Mar 2020||306.70||301.80||302.50||-2.10||302.50|
|Soybean Oil Dec 2019||31.01||30.61||31.01||0.72||30.94|
|Soybean Oil Jan 2020||31.30||30.49||31.22||0.72||31.29|
|Soybean Oil Mar 2020||31.57||30.79||31.50||0.71||31.57|
|Corn Dec 2019||368.75||364.75||366.50||1.00||367.00|
|Corn Mar 2020||379.50||375.00||376.75||unch||377.00|
|Corn May 2020||385.00||380.75||382.50||unch||382.50|
|Corn Jul 2020||389.25||385.25||386.75||-0.25||387.00|
|Corn Sep 2020||388.00||385.25||386.75||0.50||386.75|
|Oats Dec 2019||314.00||313.75||313.75||-2.50||314.00|
|Oats Mar 2020||296.25||290.25||292.25||-3.00||292.00|
|Oats May 2020||291.75||288.75||289.25||-3.50||289.75|
|Oats Jul 2020||285.00||284.50||284.50||-2.00||285.00|
|Oats Sep 2020||276.25||275.25||276.25||-1.50||277.75|
|Wheat Dec 2019||532.75||529.00||532.50||0.50||529.00|
|Wheat Mar 2020||526.75||519.25||524.50||0.75||523.25|
|Wheat May 2020||530.75||523.25||527.75||-0.25||526.50|
|Wheat Jul 2020||532.50||525.75||530.00||unch||528.25|
|Wheat Sep 2020||538.50||532.25||536.25||0.50||534.25|
|Spring Wheat Dec 2019||502.25||501.75||502.25||4.25||502.25|
|Spring Wheat Mar 2020||518.75||511.50||512.25||-1.50||512.25|
|Spring Wheat May 2020||527.50||520.50||521.75||-1.00||521.75|
|Spring Wheat Jul 2020||536.50||529.75||529.75||-2.50||529.75|
|Spring Wheat Sep 2020||545.25||539.50||539.50||-2.50||539.50|
|Hard Red Wheat Dec 2019||426.75||415.00||415.00||-5.25||420.25|
|Hard Red Wheat Mar 2020||438.25||428.75||431.00||-4.50||430.25|
|Hard Red Wheat May 2020||446.00||437.50||439.50||-3.50||438.25|
|Hard Red Wheat Jul 2020||452.50||445.25||447.50||-2.25||446.75|
|Hard Red Wheat Sep 2020||459.75||454.25||456.50||-1.25||455.25|
|Live Cattle (Pit) Dec 2019||120.20||120.20||120.20||0.28||120.20|
|Live Cattle (Pit) Feb 2020||124.98||124.98||124.98||0.38||124.98|
|Live Cattle (Pit) Apr 2020||125.35||125.35||125.35||0.20||125.35|
|Feeder Cattle (Pit) Jan 2020||141.55||141.55||141.55||1.00||141.55|
|Feeder Cattle (Pit) Mar 2020||141.68||141.68||141.68||0.53||141.68|
|Feeder Cattle (Pit) Apr 2020||143.78||143.78||143.78||0.65||143.78|
|Lean Hogs (Pit) Dec 2019||61.13||61.13||61.13||-0.45||61.13|
|Lean Hogs (Pit) Feb 2020||67.55||67.55||67.55||-0.03||67.55|
|Lean Hogs (Pit) Apr 2020||73.70||73.70||73.70||0.20||73.70|