The members of the external panel for Canada’s business risk management program review were announced today.
The 11 experts are:
- Mark Brock, Grain Farmers of Ontario director and AgGrowth Coalition member
- Chris Simpson, Alberta beef producer and MNP accountant
- Mary Robinson, Prince Edward Island crop farmer and chair of the Canadian Agriculture Human Resource Council
- Tyler Fulton, Manitoba cow-calf producer and director of risk management for Hams Marketing Service
- Lane Stockbrugger, Saskatchewan grain and oilseed grower
- Lysa Porth, University of Manitoba professor and holder of Guy Carpenter Chair in Agricultural Risk Management
- Maurice Doyon, Laval University professor of agricultural economics
- Jean-Philippe Gervais, vice-president and chief agricultural economist with Farm Credit Canada
- Anita Wickersham, senior manager at KPMG Consultations, Alberta
- Dr. Rebecca Lee, executive director of the Canadian Horticulture Council
- Joe Glauber, senior research fellow, International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington
The panel will advise the team of federal and provincial officials who are reviewing BRM programs to determine their effectiveness.
Findings will be presented at the next annual meeting of agriculture ministers in July.