Claas has introduced the first tractor that is achieving new parameters of operator comfort with both front and rear suspended axles.
The semi-tracked Claas Axion 900 Terra Trac is the first tractor that has a suspended front and rear axle and also has a substantially larger contact area compared to triangular tracks, which results in excellent directional stability, both in the field and in swift road travel.
Claas says it is not officially available yet, but it is going to be offered as an option for all Claas Axion models.
Optimum adaptation to the ground contours is key for low compaction. This is achieved by a 15-degree pivot range and the fact that the machine weight is distributed to all track rollers hydraulically.
- Claas, Kemper take Agritechnica gold
- Agco launches Ideal combine across three brands
- MARS robot a taste of hired hands of the future?
The pivot point was moved forward, which shifts more weight to the rear axle. This benefits from a larger contact area and so can transmit tractor power to the ground more effectively while keeping compaction low.
The machine transfers more than 450 horsepower engine power to the ground without causing damage to the soil. At the same time, it does not exceed the statutory road width limit for Europe.
It won a silver medal from Agritechnica for 2017.
Silver medal winners
- Fliegl Büffel overloading station for potatoes, beans and peas
- Claas Axion 900 TerraTrac semi-tracked and fully suspended tractor
- EZ Ballast wheels – John Deere
- Claas Cemos for tractors — operator assist system optimizing tractor/implement set-up
- VarioPull from AGCO Fendt
- e100 Vario from AGCO Fendt
- MARS — Mobile Agricultural Robot Swarms from AGCO Fendt
- Camera supported seed bed preparation from Pottinger and New Holland
- GPS-based and automated body-lift-out feature optimizes plowing results from Kuhn
- LevelTuner from Landmaschinen Wienhoff
- Swing Stop pro from Amazon and Rometron BV
- ESV Electric Shut-off Valve from Lechler GmbH
- Stereoscopic row-crop Culti Cam camera on mechanical hoes
- Tractor integrated implement steering with Infield auto system for high-capacity hoes from John Deere and Monosem
- MultiCoater CM 300 from Petkus Technologie
- The first proactive and automatic combine setting system from New Holland
- Ideal combine from AGCO
- Ventor 4150 — self-propelled four-row potato harvester with world-leading lifting system that doubles capacity from Grimme
- Sensosafe from Pottinger
- LiftCab from Bernard Krone
- Flexwave Grain Silo Unloading System
- SmaArt camera system for automated blossom thinning with Darwin
- Fruit-Tec Adolf Betz
- Beacon+GPS+Sigfox – Fliegl COUNTER SX / Pöttinger PÖTPRO Guide
- Farmdok — automation of agricultural recordings with smartphones
- SmartService 4.0
- Telematics Large Vehicle Alert System warns car drivers of agricultural machines in road traffic from Claas
- Smart Crop Damage Identification — intelligent identification system for crop damage caused by game from Agrocom
Look for Western Producer coverage from Agritechnica in November.