Contest Rules & Regulations
Western Producer / AutoCopter TM Contest Rules & Regulations
The Western Producer – “AutoCopter TM Giveaway”
1. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible, you must be a resident of Canada. You are not eligible if you are a) an employee of The Western Producer a division of Glacier Media Inc., its affiliates and related companies, advertising or promotional agencies or b) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they reside) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons. To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be the age of majority. If the person is under the age of majority, the consent of the person’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must be obtained in order to enter the Contest.
2. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. The Contest begins at 12:00:00 p.m. (CST) on September 2, 2014 and ends on June 20, 2015 at 12:00:00 p.m. (CST) (the “Contest Period”). Persons who wish to enter the Contest may do so by entering the submission form online ( www.producer.com/contest ) or may mail an entry by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “AutoCopter Giveaway” c/o The Western Producer, PO Box 2500 Station Main, 2310 Millar Ave, Saskatoon, SK, S7K 2C4. All entries must be received by the Subscription Department of The Western Producer by 12:00:00 p.m. (CST) on June 20, 2015 to be eligible for the draw. Limit: One (1) entry per person throughout the Contest. The Western Producer will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, misdirected or late entries, which will be void.
3. PRIZE: There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won. The Prize consists of an AutoCopter TM – Super Scout plus an all expense paid trip for two to North Carolina, USA for a three-day training course. The winner will also receive a 52 week complimentary subscription to The Western Producer. The Prize is valued at approximately $35,000.00 CAD. Prize winners are solely responsible for any other costs associated with the Prize. Prize winners can only win one (1) Prize. The Prize may not be exactly as shown in promotional materials. The Prize is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded. Prize winners are not entitled to any monetary difference between the actual and stated value of the Prize. The Western Producer does not make, nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranties, representations or guarantees, expressed or implied, relating to the Prize. The Prize will be delivered to the Prize winner as arranged between AutoCopter TM. To take possession, the Prize winner must present photo identification, and may be required to show proof of valid license and insurance.
4. PRIZE DRAWING: On or around July 20, 2015 (4 weeks post contest close date) a random drawing of one (1) name will be conducted at the offices of The Western Producer from the total number of entries received. Selected entrants will be notified by email or by phone. To be declared a Prize winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill testing question. If selected entrants cannot be contacted and the skill-testing question administered within (5) five business days, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant. The odds of winning a Prize are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
5. RELEASES, ETC.: Before being declared a Prize winner, a selected entrant will be required to sign a Declaration and Release of Liability form, releasing The Western Producer a division of Glacier Media Inc., AutoCopter TM, its advertising agencies, parent companies and affiliates of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest and the Prize. The Declaration and Release of Liability form must be returned within the time period indicated on the form or the Prize will be forfeited. The Prize winner acknowledges and accepts the inherent dangers of travelling and acknowledges that The Western Producer, AutoCopter TM are not liable for any injuries, accidents or fatalities resulting from or in connection with the use of the Prize.
6. PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information by The Western Producer, AutoCopter TM for the purposes of administering the Contest. By accepting the Prize, the Prize winner thereof consent(s) to the collection, use and disclosure to the public of their name, city/town of residence, voice, statements, photographs and video or their likenesses for publicity purposes by The Western Producer in connection with the Contest in any format, without further notice, permission or compensation. Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed by The Western Producer, AutoCopter TM without consent.
7. RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND: The Western Producer reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice.
8. MISCELLANEOUS: The Prize will only be released to the verified Prize winner. Decisions of The Western Producer are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. No correspondence will be entered into by The Western Producer except with selected entrants. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The Western Producer reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify from this Contest and any future promotions conducted by The Western Producer, any individual that it believes to be violating these Official Contest Rules or to be tampering with the operation of the Contest. The Western Producer retains the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value in the event of the unavailability of the Prize for any reason.